Curry Cauliflower Potato Soup
It is very hard to find good recipes for cauliflower. I recently bought a nice cauliflower from the farmers’ market and besides steaming I wanted something more! So, this vegan recipe is fast and nutritious. This recipe serves 4.
• 1/2 Cauliflower head chopped
• 2 medium red potatoes peeled and chopped
• 1 large Ancho or Poblano green pepper chopped
• 2 teaspoons of curry powder
• 1 table spoon of turmeric
• 3 cloves of garlic minced
• 1/2 cup of white onion chopped
• 1 table spoon of olive oil
• 1 table spoon of lemon or lime juice
• salt and pepper to taste
In a medium pot heat the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and peppers. Add a little water and cook for a minute or two. Add turmeric and curry powder. Stir the content while adding the potatoes and the cauliflower. Add 6 cups of water and your salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice. Cook for 30 minutes till the potatoes and cauliflower are tender. Take two cups of the solid mixture (cauliflower, potatoes, and peppers) and blend it in a blender (this is a hot content so make sure you Purée one cup at a time!) Put the Purée back into the put and stir. Cook for another 15 minutes. You are ready to serve!